Listed here are some of the beneficial adab (etiquettes) that can be done on this very blessed day in the month of Muharram. This new year began on the fifteenth day of October, 2015 and on the lunar calendar it is the year 1437.
1. Feed children and family members.
2. Give sadaqa (charity) and assist the poor and needy.
3. Make a vow not to ever indulge in Fahashaa (lewdness). Seek Allah’s forgiveness forever
4. Call your relatives.
5. Visit graveyards and bring flowers. Make needed repairs.
6. Meet other Muslims, keep giving Salaam.
7. Eat sweet things and give others sweets.
8. Those gone astray help them to return to the straight path.
9. Recite Kaalimah Tamjeed (Glorification of the Almighty) often.
10. If you see an orphan, put your hand on their head.
11. If you come across two people arguing, then offer them help.
12. Acknowledge the Alim wa Alimah by going to see them and giving them respect.
13. Sit down on that day and contemplate that your Allah is watching you; that you’re before your Allah. He’s seeing you and develop fear of Allah, that you’ve done many wrong things, seek Allah’s forgiveness shedding tears
14. Use Miswaak/kohl (toothstick/eye powder)
May Allah the Most High answer all of our supplications, accept our good deeds and worship in the blessed month of Muharram.
This new year began on the fifteenth day of October, 2015 and on the lunar calendar it is the year 1437.