These things will prove to be helpful when done on a daily basis:
1. Exercise in fresh air and walk at least one mile a day if possible.
2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. If you live in a city you should use a water filter for your shower and drinking water faucets. City water is contaminated.
3. Hydro therapy is very helpful for diabetes. A hot bath followed by a cool shower is very good to increase circulation; or a warm shower and cool rinse. If you have the time, it really invigorates the system.
4. A salt glow scrub is also good. Take a medium to coarse salt mix, which can be made or purchased or use Epsom salts, and scrub yourself with it. It helps to clean out the pores, and remove dead skin and excess poisons that regular soap and water miss. If you have high blood pressure, use clay instead.
5. Reduce your meat intake to 2 or 3 times a week. Meat such as beef, goat, beef fry, franks, and sausage, and all processed meat is hard to digest and stays in the colon too long. Nitrates take awhile to break down.
6. Add high fiber foods to your diet, such as brown rice, bran flakes, wheat germ, wheat flour, barley, flax seed, almonds, black eyed peas, lentils, and sunflower seeds.
7. Eat lots of green vegetables – red cabbage, okra and avocados are excellent for diabetes.
8. Drink blueberry leaf tea, dandelion tea, or corn silk tea every day.
9. Fasting twice a week is good for your system and it is the practice of our Blessed Nabi Karim, peace and blessings be upon him. Mondays and Thursdays is our sunnah.
10. Remember – low fat/high fiber foods are best, and make sure your bowels are regular because when you have this disease toxins tend to linger in the body longer due to excess sugar in the system and cause morbid decay in the colon.
11. Lemon and water first thing in the morning is a good cleanser for your system.
12. Get as much rest and relaxation as you possibly can. The body needs a chance to repair itself.
The following are things you should avoid as much as possible:
1. Baking soda and all food that contains it are harmful to the pancreas. It doesn’t allow your digestive juices to break down your food naturally. It also contains Aluminum, unless it is stated on the box that it does not – and Allah Knows best. Aluminum causes Alzheimer’s and poisons the blood. You can purchase baking soda that doesn’t have aluminum in it at your health food store.
2. Soda and all artificial drinks and fast foods are not good for you to eat at all.
3. The 5 White Evils: white flour, white rice, white bread, white sugar and white milk (unless it is organic and in moderation).
4. No white sugar – use stevia, a natural leaf that is as sweet as sugar, with no calories. White sugar is a killer. It is very bad for your system.
5. Limit your eating of white rice, pasta, and potatoes. These starches turn into sugar.
Invest in your health!
Supplements that are beneficial for diabetes are Glucomannan, liquid chlorophyll, potassium, calcium and magnesium, vitamins A, C, and E, and lecithin, which cleanses the bloodstream of plaque that eventually clogs the arteries.
Herbal cures include neem leaves, curry leaves, mango leaves, sweet potato leaves, amla leaves, barberry, fenugreek, bitter melon, onion and garlic.